Retail is the second-largest industry in the United States both in number of establishments and number of employees. Plunkett Research says it generates an estimated $3.8 trillion in annual sales (excluding food services). Today’s retailers are focused on developing a strong customer base, building customer loyalty and protecting customer information.
It isn’t a question of whether you need Information Technology (IT); it’s a matter of which IT system offers you the best return on investment and helps you comply with government regulations. The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is a strict set of criteria to improve customer credit card protection. AIM Document Management offers effective, secure and beneficial Enterprise Content Management (ECM) to help with compliance and other challenges unique to the retail industry. AIMVault enables you to:
- Increase efficiency by reducing time wasted searching for information.
- Comply with PCI DSS and increase security control and other critical protection measures.
- Benefit from an ECM investment by reducing costs and saving money.
Enhance Efficiency for You and Your Customers
Managing supply chains efficiently, quickly introducing products and maintaining inventory accuracy are essential to meeting customer service expectations. AIMVault eliminates paper-based record keeping processes that stifle productivity and profitability. Features like enterprise search and electronic distribution build efficient business practices.
- Scan, index and organize documents to simplify management.
- Instantly retrieve any document, including email, to answer questions quickly.
- Distribute information electronically via email or secure internet connection rather than copying, faxing or mailing.
Security is the number one concern in retail, and you need an information system that can withstand security threats. PCI Data Security Standard is designed to help retailers protect customers’ credit card information. AIMVault enable you to meet regulatory requirements and improve control.
- Control information access by user, project or document, and limit users’ abilities to view, change and share information.
- Ensure data is always protected using encryption during transmission and storage.
- Store information off-site in a state-of-the-art data storage facility, and restrict user access with multiple layers of security.
Key Features of AIMVault
- Web-based ECM provides secure online information access for multiple store locations and mobile access.
- Security controls safeguard customer information and protect credit card information.
- AIMVault allows retailers to trade high capital costs for low subscription-based operating expenses.
Reduce Costs, Increase Sales and Save Money
IT investments can become a competitive edge. Not only can you save money through operations, but opportunity for sales increases due to enhanced customer service and process efficiency. Implementing AIMVault enables you to reduce management, storage and personnel costs.
- Remove filing systems and increase available showroom space to improve the sales experience.
- Decrease employee training expenses by avoiding multiple software applications.
- Convert to electronic records and save on paper supplies, postage and distribution costs.